develooper Front page | perl.wxperl.users | Postings from February 2013

Re: Modality and new windows

From:
Dave Hayes
Date:
February 14, 2013 19:33
Re: Modality and new windows
Message ID:
511D3BFD.9070402@jetcafe.org
On 02/14/13 00:28, Johan Vromans wrote:
> Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org> writes:
>
>> Here's a test case of what I'm doing. Maybe there's another way?
>
> Did you consider using a ComboBox?

I did. I was under the impression that you can't get rid of the arrow to
the side and make it display the dropdown menu as you type and change
options. I'd like the user to continue to be able to type into the
"parent" text control and watch the completions narrow.

Interesting to note: as a learning exercise I attempted to implement
this idea without modality (i.e. call Show() instead of ShowModal()).
This was some progress in that the list box does respond to events but
you have to move the mouse to do it. A kill focus event seems to occur
in the text control after I Show() my frame. Once that happens, I can't
seem to replace the focus (by calling SetFocus()) back to the text control.
--
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

"Obviously, the obvious is not obvious...."
                       --The Unknown Drummer