develooper Front page | perl.wxperl.users | Postings from January 2013

Re: wxPerl past, wxPerl present and wxPerl future.

From:
Johan Vromans
Date:
January 3, 2013 09:05
Re: wxPerl past, wxPerl present and wxPerl future.
Message ID:
m2pq1md4c4.fsf@phoenix.squirrel.nl
Wallace Winfrey <wwinfrey@gmail.com> writes:

> Can anyone tell me what the wiki's current status is (besides losing
> the domain, that is) ?

In short: The original owner of the domain lost interest and let it
expire. We (SPPN, the Perl Foundation Netherlands ) contacted the
registrar to transfer ownership to us, which was accomplished but
somehow something went wrong. This is still being sorted out.

As far as I know, the contents of the wiki are safe. Huub set up an
alternative domain wiki.wxperl.nl.

For the longer term, we think it would be good if a Perl organisation
(e.g., SPPN) would take over the wxperl.org domain as well, and merge
the two domains into a single home for wxPerl.

-- Johan
   (on behalf of SPPN)