develooper Front page | perl.wxperl.users | Postings from December 2012

AUI Notebook tabs

From:
Steve Cookson
Date:
December 29, 2012 00:43
Subject:
AUI Notebook tabs
Message ID:
CA+aVP6g4sxw4_n26ALwd3bwrMVZa22VKtCmWW-cgQAZJ15fdNQ@mail.gmail.com
Hi Herbert,

I see you've written a bit of code called Document.pm:

https://bitbucket.org/lichtkind/kephra/commits/441ba84f2210759881b23448c8842ab50bdf905a

Which uses AUI dragging and dropping tabs.

There seems to be some code which uses EVT_AUINOTEBOOK_BEGIN_DRAG and
similar.  When I use my own code to trap the EVT_AUINOTEBOOK_BEGIN_DRAG
events, I don't get anything, although EVT_AUINOTEBOOK_PAGE_CLOSE,
EVT_AUINOTEBOOK_PAGE_CHANGING and EVT_AUINOTEBOOK_PAGE_CHANGED work OK.

My code looks like this:

    Wx::Event::EVT_AUINOTEBOOK_BEGIN_DRAG( $self, $self->{notebook},
\&on_click_data_begin_drag);
    Wx::Event::EVT_AUINOTEBOOK_END_DRAG( $self, $self->{notebook},
\&on_click_data_drag_done);

But it never gets called.  I'm I doing something wrong, or is there a
problem with wxWidgets or wxPerl?

I also tried it with

    Wx::Event::EVT_AUINOTEBOOK_BEGIN_DRAG( $self, $self->{tab},
\&on_click_data_begin_drag);
    Wx::Event::EVT_AUINOTEBOOK_END_DRAG( $self, $self->{tab},
\&on_click_data_drag_done);

With the second parameter changed to $self->{tab}.

I see you use -1 as the second parameter.  What is the significance of this?

Happy New Year.

Regards

Steve