develooper Front page | perl.wxperl.users | Postings from July 2011

Wx::Gauge issue

From:
alfahed pm
Date:
Wx::Gauge issue
Message ID:
CAKduJQEnyRpPoQoJnyXNnK1i9W9dwqwa=mxXLcV+4kBecQX_WA@mail.gmail.com
Hi All,

I have wxperl application and it uses Wx::Gauge to show a indeterminate
progress bar while the data is populated. The front end is designed using
xwGlade. The indeterminate progress bar is implemented using threads and
shared variables and it works as expected. After many hurdles I managed to
build an exe of the script using PAR::Packer, but the Gauge behaviour
changed. Following are the issues:

1. Initially the gauge range was set to 0, and there was no issue when the
script is run normally like 'perl script.pl', but in the exe format gauge
will not move with the pulse function call. The gauge area shows nothing.

2. After many troubleshooting I was able to find a fix for the above issue.
I set the gauge range to 100 after creating the object and now the gauge
works but the gauge style changed. If I run the script normally like 'perl
script.pl', a small bar moves to and fro along the gauge area, but in the
exe format bar first fills the entire gauge area and retrieves.

Gauge style when the script is run normally; perl script.pl (even if the
range is set 0 or 100, range doesn't matter) :
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/EYqytuXHLujEEuBYxK9uMJLhhJELMMRR_K6SLEJm3PY?feat=directlink

Gauge style when the exe is run ( range 0 wont show anything) :
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZBSCXC8A2lxl6GZ4ZKkwEpLhhJELMMRR_K6SLEJm3PY?feat=directlink

So, why is this inconsistency with normal perl script and exe produced by
PAR::Packer ?

I am testing this on Windows 2008.