develooper Front page | perl.wxperl.users | Postings from March 2010

Wx::gettext() and plural forms

From:
Zeno Gantner
Date:
March 17, 2010 07:05
Wx::gettext() and plural forms
Message ID:
888aa66a1003170704p1e9b6b46p69069c09a953c888@mail.gmail.com
Hi all,

Wx::gettext() seems only to work in its simple form:

Wx::gettext('My message')

As it (at least I think so) should roughly correspond to
wxGetTranslation - see
http://docs.wxwidgets.org/stable/wx_stringfunctions.html#wxgettranslation
for reference - it should also support the correct handling of plural
forms:

Wx::gettext('%d thing', '%d things', n)

where n is the current number of things. This allows gettext to choose
the right string for output, no matter how your language handles
numbers.

This does not seem to be the case.

A pointer to where I can fix this would be appreciated, I don't mind
fixing it myself ;-)

Best regards,
  Zeno