develooper Front page | perl.vmsperl | Postings from April 2022

Perl 5.34.1 binary kits available

From:
"Craig A. Berry" via vmsperl
Date:
April 17, 2022 13:52
Subject:
Perl 5.34.1 binary kits available
Message ID:
464599A4-C4A4-4268-97CC-8F47F5AF16B0@mac.com
Installation kits for OpenVMS Alpha and OpenVMS I64 8.4 or later are now available, and also a kit for the OpenVMS X86 E9.2 field test.  Files can be downloaded from:

<https://sourceforge.net/projects/vmsperlkit/files/>

The Alpha and Itanium files are self-extracting archives and after downloading to your VMS system you must run them like so:

$ run VMSPORTS-I64VMS-PERL534-V0534-1-1.SFX_I64EXE

Then:

$ product install perl534

The X86 self-extraction code is not yet up to snuff, so that PCSI kit is contained in a simple zip file. You will need to use Info-Zip's unzip utility provided with the field test to unzip like so before installing:

$ unzip == "$SYS$COMMON:[SYSHLP.UNSUPPORTED.UNZIP]unzip.exe"
$ unzip VMSPORTS-X86VMS-PERL534-T0534-1-1.zip

Note that OpenVMS X86 E9.2 comes with Perl 5.34.0 as part of the base install and the kit here will overwrite that with Perl 5.34.1.

Craig A. Berry

 difficult than getting in."
                 Brad Leithauser