develooper Front page | perl.vmsperl | Postings from October 2019

VMS-Perl and VSI-Java

From:
Jouk Jansen
Date:
October 21, 2019 08:37
Subject:
VMS-Perl and VSI-Java
Message ID:
19102109492041_2540014E@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl
Hi All,

I noticed problems with Perl, when JAVA80 is configured. I tracked down the
problem to some decc$xxxx logicals, which are defined by the java setup.

Maybe it is a good idea to define the required logicals inside the perl.exe.
An example how to do this can be found (i.e.) in the sources of bzip2
(http://antinode.info/dec/sw/bzip2.html) (see file vms_misc.c)

What do you think of this idea?

          Regards
	      Jouk

Pax, vel iniusta, utilior est quam iustissimum bellum.
    (free after Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 b.Chr.-46 b.Chr.)
     Epistularum ad Atticum 7.1.4.3)

               Touch not the cat bot a glove

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd