develooper Front page | perl.vmsperl | Postings from October 2015

Excel::Writer on OpenVMS

From:
Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
Date:
October 29, 2015 18:53
Excel::Writer on OpenVMS
Message ID:
00AFF5E2.09AEECCB.9@TMESIS.COM
Hi,

I need to get Excel::Writer functioning on VMS.  If you download the first
of the example scripts for this package, you'll see that it complains when
trying to create temporary directories into which worksheets and workbooks
are stored.

I've played about with defining various DECC$features logicals and results
change but the errors all seem to focus about the creation of the temporary
directories and files.

Has anyone got this package working on VMS?

Thanks in advance.

FWIW, I did have Spreadsheet::WriteExcel working to write .XLS files but I
now need to write .XLSX files and Excel::Writer::XLSX looks to be the only
package available.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker    VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG