develooper Front page | perl.vmsperl | Postings from May 2002

VMS@16307

From:
Craig A. Berry
Date:
May 1, 2002 10:51
Subject:
VMS@16307
Message ID:
a05111705b8f5d7d712e7@[172.16.52.1]
On OpenVMS Alpha V7.3 with Compaq C 6.5, -des configuration, I get:

ext/PerlIO/t/fallback...............FAILED at test 9
Failed 1 test script out of 619, 99.84% okay.

Other configurations, older OS versions, and VAX have yet to be
tested.  The other Encode failures and todo items are gone; given the
multiple large-scale reconfigurations of Encode recently, I can't
easily tell whether that's because the tests have been removed,
something's been fixed, or both.

The only current failure is due to an apparently unexpected warning
when closing the file after test #1 in fallback.t:

$ perl [-.ext.perlio.t]fallback.t
1..8
ok 1 - opened iso-8859-1 file
"\N{U+20ac}" does not map to iso-8859-1 at [-.ext.perlio.t]fallback.t line 21.
ok 2 - perlqq escapes
<snip>

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry@mac.com

"Literary critics usually know what they're
talking about. Even if they're wrong."
	-- Perl creator Larry Wall