develooper Front page | perl.unicode | Postings from September 2010

Unicode::Collate string replacements and whitespace

From:
pottwal1
Date:
September 22, 2010 03:37
Unicode::Collate string replacements and whitespace
Message ID:
d4016718001599fcd41d7f110a422e5f@email.freenet.de
dear all,
most probably I'm missing something quite obvious and very simple, but I am no expert with Perl and Unicode yet.
 I'm making some string replacements with Unicode::Collate which generally works fine but for whitespace. I have the following simple code (adopted from the module documentation):

 my $myCollator = Unicode::Collate->new( normalization => undef, level => 1 );
 my $str = "Camel donkey zebra camex{301}l CAMEL horse cAm