develooper Front page | perl.tcltk | Postings from November 2019

Re: trouble installing Tkx

From:
Christopher Chavez
Date:
November 24, 2019 18:59
Re: trouble installing Tkx
Message ID:
54ac7382-16ad-031e-2511-bf54fbd5bb3b@gmx.us
On 11/23/2019 5:04 AM, Dave Howorth wrote:
 > Many thanks. I don't suppose there's a reason your pull request
 > hasn't been accepted yet.

The pull request belongs to someone else (Maximilian Lika). Tkx has been
dormant for several years, although it still works well with newer
upstream Tcl/Tk versions.

On 11/23/2019 2:01 PM, Konovalov, Vadim wrote:
 > IMO taking ownership on the module is the way to go, if Gisle Aas
isn't arguing against this

In my quest for World Tk Wrapper Domination™, I actually have considered
requesting comaintainer rights for Tkx when I have better availability.
I haven't used Tkx for much other than comparison against Tcl::(p)Tk,
but I don't really have any objections to its syntax (especially with
the availability of a relatively modern tutorial on TkDocs.com), and I'd
be in favor of creating maintenance releases to reassure users it isn't
completely abandoned or broken.

Christopher A. Chavez