develooper Front page | perl.tcltk | Postings from June 2019

Tcl::pTk release 1.00

From:
Christopher Chavez
Date:
June 19, 2019 03:14
Tcl::pTk release 1.00
Message ID:
7bb7db79-ef8e-fa2d-97e8-2eea2d8469ea@gmx.us
Hi all,

I have released Tcl::pTk 1.00.

One of the main changes is that I have attempted a two-line fix for RT
#125049 and #129505 to make menu entries legible on macOS Aqua when the
dark menu bar or dark mode is enabled. This change also affects the
appearance of derived widgets so that they are consistent with
non-derived widgets, especially when used with dark mode and the
upcoming Tk 8.6.10 release.

However, I am not certain that the approach I used doesn't introduce any
new issues, so any feedback on the approach I used is appreciated. So
far I do not observe any difference in appearance at all on Windows or
X11. The code originally responsible for the issue was borrowed from
Perl/Tk; and likewise I observe no differences under Perl/Tk if I apply
the same change.

Some other issues resolved:

  - Add missing Tile availability check to tileLabelFont.t (in case
anyone is still running Tk 8.4; RT #128813)
  - photo.t: proceed with remaining test cases after errors (RT #128803)
  - Print slightly more useful test reports by showing more of the tests
which are skipped completely along with reasons why.
  - Fix POD errors (`=cut` outside POD block) reported by CPANTS
(contribution from Mohammad S Anwar)

Christopher A. Chavez