develooper Front page | perl.tcltk | Postings from August 2018

partial photo/image tests without Img extension?

From:
Christopher Chavez
Date:
August 19, 2018 07:22
Subject:
partial photo/image tests without Img extension?
Message ID:
1DAE42F2-600F-4A7E-B91D-3DD9FE64D059@gmx.us
I notice that both Tcl::Tk and Tcl::pTk have some tests that currently require the Img extension to handle image formats not included in Tcl/Tk. Would it be desirable to still test the formats that are available (gif; png on Tk 8.6), or is the test more about exercising the capabilities in Img? Is it even possible to plan a certain number of tests and then skip a subset of them?

This is low/“wishlist” priority; I ask only because at the moment MacPorts doesn’t have the Img extension.