develooper Front page | perl.tcltk | Postings from August 2018

Tcl::pTk: replace ROText with approach from Tcl::Tk?

From:
Christopher Chavez
Date:
August 2, 2018 21:49
Tcl::pTk: replace ROText with approach from Tcl::Tk?
Message ID:
EE41FFD4-582C-40D3-8AA3-9E4AA1FB0204@gmx.us
The ROText approach in Tcl::pTk has some issues that prevent it from being read-only: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=125420

- text is removed by keyboard shortcut for cut
- enter/return/tabs aren’t ignored

The ROText in Tcl::Tk seems to not have any of these issues. I would be interested in copying it over to Tcl::pTk, but would like to check if there’s any known issues that might affect its compatibility with Perl/Tk. I think the snit requirement is fine especially if the fallback approach can be incorporated.

(Sometimes I think it would be great if there was a better way to reuse things in Tcl::pTk from Tcl::Tk and Perl/Tk besides copying them, i.e. a way that keeps track of any changes upstream. It would probably require significant restructuring of all 3 modules, though.)