develooper Front page | perl.tcltk | Postings from July 2018

Tcl::pTk: new co-maintainer, release 0.93, MacPorts

From:
Christopher Chavez
Date:
Tcl::pTk: new co-maintainer, release 0.93, MacPorts
Message ID:
e1f44111-39fb-efb9-88e3-179f39df1fd2@gmx.us
Hi everyone,

I've recently been added as a co-maintainer to Tcl::pTk.
Thanks to John Cerney for helping me get started.

I'm particularly interested in its use with macOS aqua, since
it allows running Perl/Tk programs with native aqua UI and without
needing XQuartz.

I released Tcl::pTk 0.93 to address a few issues which I and other users
have reported so far. The more important usability changes are:
- focusFollowsMouse Perl/Tk syntax support (RT #125057)
- Adjust mousewheel scrolling units for macOS aqua (RT #125048)
- Use mouse buttons 4 and 5 for scrolling on X11 only (not aqua)
- Bind widgets' events for mouse buttons 2 and 3 correctly on aqua
   (since they are backwards from how X11 and Windows assign them;
   RT #125050, #125460)
- Prevent error when invoking Cut from F2 key (RT #125460)
- Allow '-forwards' for FindNext() direction, as documented
   by newer Perl/Tk (RT #125532)

I've also added a p5-tcl-ptk port to MacPorts. It doesn't yet provide
complete functionality; at the moment, some of the ports for
Tk extensions (Tix and Tktable) only work with the X11 variant of
the Tk port.

Christopher A. Chavez