develooper Front page | perl.standards.of.conduct.discuss | Postings from July 2014

Re: hi, is this thing on? :)

From:
VM Brasseur
Date:
Re: hi, is this thing on? :)
Message ID:
53BB7576.60709@vmbrasseur.com
Hi, ashley!

On 07/07/2014, 21:28 , ashley willis wrote:
> i noticed a lack of a human welcome message for this list – no admin
> listed, no draft SoC, no stated purpose, etc, and saw no archive.

Well, it's pretty new as lists go. Mere hours old, maybe? Maybe a matter
of days? Setup may still be in process. But that's just a guess.

> as such, i have provided a suggested draft SoC, which is below.

Another guess: A generalized SoC may be based upon the one RJBS sent out
to p5p today:

http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2014/07/msg217530.html

Or perhaps the irc.perl.org one: http://www.irc.perl.org/rules.html

I wasn't a part of the processes of generating those, but I do know that
many, many hours of discussions have already taken place around them and
that they're already being embraced by their respective Perl
sub-communities.

Undoubtedly someone who participated in those discussions will chime in
here once (s)he has a few spare cycles.