develooper Front page | perl.sdl.devel | Postings from September 2009

Re: Building on Win32 - the real problem

From:
Guillaume Cottenceau
Date:
September 1, 2009 05:56
Re: Building on Win32 - the real problem
Message ID:
dc3bf8580909010556g281c18bdjaa8ece4911bcc480@mail.gmail.com
> Same goes with CPAN. Just because it is there doesn't mean that it must be
> used. Most end users prefer to use a method other cpan for installing app
> and modules, such as ports apt or yum, or an msi file.

or urpmi :)

I know, I know, mandriva is just not hype anymore..

> Sdl-perl has been in cpan for 9 years and that hasn't helped much. It has
> been on the backs of the deb and rpm maintainers to make everthing play
> nice. And I would credit guillaume and friends for getting things packaged
> and out there.

Thanks. Well, I can't remember how I first tried sdl-perl. I surely
don't like/use cpan a lot, so I am not sure if it wasn't packaged as
an RPM in mandriva before I started developing FB. But surely what I
remember is that I spotted a few bugs in sdl-perl when developing FB
:) And also what I remember is that for the sake of installing/playing
FB, a lot of persons had to install/package sdl-perl, something they
really never heard of.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://zarb.org/~gc/