develooper Front page | perl.scripts | Postings from November 2012

Request for new script categories

From:
Christian Siefkes
Date:
November 17, 2012 09:32
Subject:
Request for new script categories
Message ID:
50A7CA3A.2090508@siefkes.net
Hi all,

I would like to upload two little Perl scripts I've written to the scripts
repository, however, they don't fit into the categories listed on
http://www.cpan.org/scripts/ . Here's, in a nutshell, what the scripts do:

fehcaptionwriter - write captions for the feh image viewer
dateadd - add a number of days to a specific date

I would propose creating a category "Graphics" for fehcaptionwriter and a
category "Calendar" (or maybe "Date & Time") for dateadd (though something
generic such as "Utilities" would work as well). I'm not partial to any
specific category names, as long as they fit better than the existing ones.
Thanks for your consideration.

Best regards
    Christian

--
|------- Dr. Christian Siefkes ------- christian@siefkes.net -------
| Homepage: http://www.siefkes.net/ | Blog: http://www.keimform.de/
|    Peer Production Everywhere:       http://peerconomy.org/wiki/
|---------------------------------- OpenPGP Key ID: 0x346452D8 --
Modern methods of production have given us the possibility of ease and
security for all; we have chosen, instead, to have overwork for some and
starvation for others. Hitherto we have continued to be as energetic as we
were before there were machines; in this we have been foolish, but there
is no reason to go on being foolish forever.
        -- Bertrand Russell, In Praise of Idleness