develooper Front page | perl.riscos | Postings from January 2005

How do I get Perl to work correctly with WebJames

From:
Alan Adams
Date:
January 1, 2005 13:12
Subject:
How do I get Perl to work correctly with WebJames
Message ID:
ec889c264d.Alan.Adams@orchard-way.freeserve.co.uk
Having done most of the development work on a PC, using Active Perl and
Apache, I'm now trying to move the code to WebJames. Initial results were
good, until I tried a CGI script written in Perl. I am using

#!perl -w
#
use CGI qw/:standard/;
use CGI::Carp qw/fatalsToBrowser/;
#

which I expected to send errors to the browser. Instead it opens them in a
task window.

(Before I made some changes to the !Boot and !Run files it opened in a fixed
size window, which closed as soon as I clicked anywhere. At least the
current window can be resized.)

There was a comment in the WebJames instructions to make sure Perl doesn't
run in a task window. Does anyone know how to achieve that?

Alan Adams.

--
Alan Adams
alan.adams@orchard-way.freeserve.co.uk