develooper Front page | perl.riscos | Postings from September 2003

Re: how to set up !Perl

From:
Ben Kal
Date:
September 18, 2003 15:52
Re: how to set up !Perl
Message ID:
703916344c.ben@dekroeter.thuis
Dear Alex,

In a message of 15 Sep 2003 you wrote:

>Ben Kal wrote:

>> 2. Perl cannot find the packages that many, many scripts rely on
>>    Perl very often reports that it cannot find a certain package in a list
>>    of directories in @INC (yes I know what that is for) that in no way
>>    corresponds to the directory structure within !Perl. I cannot believe
>>    that I am supposed to rearrange all the packages into directories
>>      /home/riscos/cross/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/riscos-aof
>>      /home/riscos/cross/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0
>>      /home/riscos/cross/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/riscos-aof
>>      /home/riscos/cross/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0
>>      /home/riscos/cross/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
>>    It is equally hard to believe that I am supposed to edit the start of
>>    each and every supplied script to make it change @INC at compile time;
>>    apart from that, attempts to do it failed. Is there a way to do it
>>    globally?
>
>This is a known problem with my 5.8.0 port, which I do intend to fix but
>have not found the time to do so yet.

>Unless you need a 32bit version or know what you are doing, I suggest
>you avoid my port for the time being. I do intend to make it a bit more
>user friendly when it is finished.

A somewhat disappointing but clear answer. Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Ben Kal

--

B.F.M. Kal
Anjelierstraat 1,   2014 TC Haarlem,  Netherlands