develooper Front page | perl.riscos | Postings from August 2003

Re: trailing spaces

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
August 22, 2003 04:32
Re: trailing spaces
Message ID:
20030822123202.W558@plum.flirble.org
On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 10:17:28AM +0100, Jeremy C B Nicoll wrote:
> In article <Marcel-1.53-0821234244-7a1fNdQ@nospam.demon.co.uk>,
>    James Taylor <james@oakseed.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > PS. There's rather too much netlag on this mailing list.
>
> Yeah, but you're a demon user and demon have had lots of problems this
> week (discussed at length in demon.service).

perl.org also had a backlog on mail processing, but they've tweaked their
mail architecture to remove the bottleneck.

I've been averaging 7.5 SOBIG.Fs per minute over the past 48 hours
That's just to me, ignoring bounces and "virus alerts", so I expect that
the rather more public perl.org address have been even harder hit.
On the first evening I was getting about .8 Meg of mail per minute. I'm not
the only person on this machine, so it's coping quite well, all things
considered.

Nicholas Clark