develooper Front page | perl.recdescent | Postings from January 2012

parsing make like syntax

From:
Yuri Shtil
Date:
January 11, 2012 15:53
Subject:
parsing make like syntax
Message ID:
5F72830DCCB3CC4FBF80CC854C3999F18E9ED87A97@HQMAIL02.nvidia.com
Hi,

I need to parse make variable reference like syntax:

$($(foo))

$(foo) should be detected first, replaced (let's say with bar) and resultant string $(bar) should be parsed the same way.
There can be any number of nested references like

$(abc$(foo)def)

Any suggestions how to define rules for this?

I used Regexp::Common to detect balanced parenthesis.