develooper Front page | perl.recdescent | Postings from November 2004

generating an error within an action

From:
dhoworth
Date:
November 18, 2004 03:18
Subject:
generating an error within an action
Message ID:
20041118104736.16959.qmail@lists.develooper.com
I'm parsing a list of statements where names must be declared first before
being used. If I detect in an action that a statement uses a name that
hasn't been declared (because I have a hash of the declarations), how can
I cause PRD to report a meaningful error?  I know I can return undef from
the action to cause the parse to fail, but I'd like to add a helpful
message. I can't find this in the pod or faq.

Thanks, Dave

PS Please cc me. I'm not subscribed.