develooper Front page | perl.qpsmtpd | Postings from September 2014

Config advice

From:
Kaare Rasmussen
Date:
September 23, 2014 21:24
Subject:
Config advice
Message ID:
5421E517.305@jasonic.dk
Hi

I haven't touched my qpsmtpd setup for years, but I'm moving it and want
to upgrade now. So I seek advice for how to setup the current qpsmtpd.
What I want:

qpsmtpd receives all mail to my domains.
the local users will use qpsmtpd as a smtp server.

This means that the local users will log in with some flavor of auth,
probably vpopmail_sql. Currently I use flat_file for testing.

So far so good. It's the further processing where I'm in doubt. Mail
from outside mustn't be relayed, whereas my users of course have to send
to other hosts. Also, spam checking should only be for incoming mail,
not for my users.

In my existing setup I forward to postfix on another port. Not sure if
that is necessary or desirable any longer. I see there is a
postfix-queue plugin. It fails with permission errors when I try it, and
I want to check here before I spend too much time going in the wrong
direction.