develooper Front page | perl.qpsmtpd | Postings from January 2014

qpsmtpd as a mail proxy for outgoing mail

From:
=?UTF-8?B?Qm9qYW4gxIxla3JsacSH?=
Date:
January 15, 2014 14:52
Subject:
qpsmtpd as a mail proxy for outgoing mail
Message ID:
52D69F27.5020100@cekrlic.com
Hi list,

I've been looking around for this solution and qpsmtpd seems to be the
closest thing that I found. Let me explain:

I would like to do something similar with SMTP that Perdition
(http://horms.net/projects/perdition/) does for IMAP/POP. Namely, when
the user authenticates, his conversation would be forwarded to target
outgoing mail server, based on his authentication details.

Basically have one SMTP "gateway" that forwards outgoing mail based on
user credentials.

As qsmtpd already has a plugin that autenticates against another SMTP
server (http://wiki.qpsmtpd.org/doku.php?id=plugins:auth:auth_smtpd) and
perl already has libraries for talking to SMTP, it seems this wouldn't
be impossible to do with qsmtpd.

The $100 question: has anybody had any experience setting up a
configuration like this? Is it even possible with qsmtpd?

Thank you,