Re: How to get started with qpsmtpd?

From:
Hans Salvisberg
Date:
Re: How to get started with qpsmtpd?
Message ID:
20070125180749.10189.qmail@lists.develooper.com
Thank you, Guy! I feel stupid to ask questions that have such simple
answers...

Guy Hulbert wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-25-01 at 07:02 +0100, Hans Salvisberg wrote:
>> finding the plugins. How can I tell it where the plugins are?
>
> You can add a config file called 'plugin_dirs' in which you list (one
> per line, iirc) directories where plugins can be found.

It works just fine now and I'll start adding plugins.

It turns out that knowing about
    config/spool_dir               (Thanks, John!) and
    config/plugin_dirs
is essential for getting started. The former is documented in
    http://wiki.qpsmtpd.org/config:configuration_files and
    http://wiki.qpsmtpd.org/install:quick-install_howto
but the latter seems to be a well-kept secret.

Hans

P.S. qpsmtpd 0.3x displays the following warning twice:

/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Qpsmtpd/SMTP.pm line 676, <STDIN> line 10.

These apparently refer to $authheader and $sslheader, which should be
initialized to empty strings at the point of definition.