Re: xinetd page (Re: How to get started with qpsmtpd?)

From:
Hans Salvisberg
Date:
Re: xinetd page (Re: How to get started with qpsmtpd?)
Message ID:
20070124014429.12845.qmail@lists.develooper.com
James Turnbull wrote:
> What I meant to add was that the xinetd page got rolled into the
> deployment options summary - it seemed unnecessary to have a page
> dedicated to x(inetd) alone - the content of the page was changed to
> mention Peter's patch. I'll update the
> http://wiki.qpsmtpd.org/deploy:start page with the results of the
> current discussion.

I felt some pieces were missing, that's why I kept digging for the old
page.

BTW, in many places there's talk about "the RPM", but for the
uninitiated it's difficult to find the RPMs -- Peter doesn't even have a
link on his home page! As they seem to be considered another somewhat
official distribution option, it would be helpful to have a link from
http://smtpd.develooper.com/get.html

BTW2, in your very interesting book (I've barely scratched the surface)
you advocate obfuscating the MTA banner and version. qpsmtpd's SMTP
dialog is pretty cute if not downright frivolous. What's your stand here?

Hans