Re: How to get started with qpsmtpd?

From:
Hans Salvisberg
Date:
Re: How to get started with qpsmtpd?
Message ID:
20070124014427.12831.qmail@lists.develooper.com
Guy Hulbert wrote:
> Since you are running Suse, the easiest thing to do might be to try
> building 0.32 from Peter's .rpm files (I believe he has source ones for
> everything).

He has RedHat and Debian. I'm a bit scared to mess up something by
trying to install a package that may or may not work on my Suse.

I tried to carefully remove the traces from my prior  make install
adventure, but I must already have broken something:

    perldoc README

used to page the formatted file, but now all I get is

    No documentation found for "README".

> Then you'll be running the same version as at least *one*
> other person :-).

Well, that certainly is tempting! :-)
Then again his qpsmtpd-0.33-0.0.src.rpm has a timestamp of 2006-11-05,
so it's not clear whether that is truly the latest and greatest.

> There are also Debian packages for 0.32 built using
> 'make install' if you are familiar with dpkg and friends.

Ah, no, I'm definitely not that daring yet.

I'm starting afresh with the 0.3x version and will watch closely how it
develops.

Hans