Re: How to get started with qpsmtpd?

From:
Guy Hulbert
Date:
Re: How to get started with qpsmtpd?
Message ID:
1169568364.28830.6.camel@cal.cotef.org
On Tue, 2007-23-01 at 16:29 +0100, Hans Salvisberg wrote:
> Good idea, I'll try that. What throws me off is why Peter would post
> the
> tcpserver-xinetd.patch without the other non-trivial files in
> qpsmtpd-xinetd.tar. The patch alone seems pretty useless, and I
> wonder
> whether the other files are also still "basically the same as for
> 0.28".

Peter told me (on the list, iirc) that he created an .rpm for 0.32 using
'make install' and found that it required a number of patches, all of
which are available from his site.  I am not sure which patches have
made it into 0.3x but I'm going to try 'make install' in a sand-box to
see whether it works.

Since you are running Suse, the easiest thing to do might be to try
building 0.32 from Peter's .rpm files (I believe he has source ones for
everything).  Then you'll be running the same version as at least *one*
other person :-).  There are also Debian packages for 0.32 built using
'make install' if you are familiar with dpkg and friends.

--
--gh