Re: How to get started with qpsmtpd?

From:
Guy Hulbert
Date:
Re: How to get started with qpsmtpd?
Message ID:
1169561039.25159.11.camel@cal.cotef.org
On Tue, 2007-23-01 at 13:11 +0000, Hans Salvisberg wrote:
> I have so many bits and pieces, and none seem to fit together. Can
> anyone put me on the right track?
>
> Hans

If you follow Michael Holtz's advice you will be about as far as I am.
When I started a month ago, 'make test' on the 0.3x branch was broken
and it took me some work reading code to figure out how to fix that.

I wanted to start with 0.3x since there are a number of features (TLS
and AUTH) which seem to be much simpler to use on this branch.

That said, many people seem to be running versions as old as 0.28 so you
should consider what features you actually need.

What I am planning to do is to turn off every plugin I can until I have
a minimal working system and then add things back.  In particular, in
the default configuration:
  spamassassin
  clamav
  rhsbl (see contrib.sample/rhsbl_zones)
have external dependencies that you will need to provide either programs
or data for.  I have not worked my way past rhsbl (SA and clam were
obvious) yet but I hope to continue on my installation today.

I am documenting this process on the wiki but I have not even created a
placeholder page for that yet since I am also trying to help with the
overall documentation effort.

--
--gh