strange forkserver code

From:
qpsmtpdfrose.20.ftumsh
Date:
January 9, 2007 07:58
Subject:
strange forkserver code
Message ID:
1168351855.554.14.camel@darkstarpc.firstb2b.net
When I first installed qpsmtpd I didn't run perl Makefile.PL, make etc.
It ran from the tarball.
However, I've now done that and I have two forkserver versions.
The one that cam with the tar and the one that has been installed into
/usr/bin
The one in /usr/bin has this at the top of the file:

#!/usr/bin/perl -Tw

eval 'exec /usr/bin/perl -Tw -S $0 ${1+"$@"}'
    if 0; # not running under some shell

I realise that this does nothing, but just wondered why it was in the
make install version and not in the raw tar ball one.

Would I be correct in thinking that I should continue to use the raw
tar ball code and not start pointing to the "make install" version of
everything?

John