Plugins and Testing

From:
Guy Hulbert
Date:
January 9, 2007 05:56
Subject:
Plugins and Testing
Message ID:
1168350956.17532.58.camel@cal.cotef.org
All.

[ This is a new thread that I should have started at the link below. ]

Here are some first thoughts on some minor changes to the test
framework, that I wrote with some of the list discussions on the wiki
and plugins in mind:
http://beta.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.qpsmtpd/2007/01/msg6108.html

Presently, the plugin tests work using a hard-coded path returned by
Test::Qpsmptd::config_dir() - ( ./config.sample/ ) see t/Test/Qpsmptd.pm
There are only two plugin tests so far so I am going to spend some time
today writing some more.

Above, I have proposed a way to make things more flexible.  However, I
realize now that I have not thoght about what happens in certain cases.
For example, if I put a test script into
	t/plugin_tests/
and the plugin is not listed in ./config.sample/plugins do the tests
fail or warn (or even ignore) on the unloaded plugin.  I'm sure there
are other cases to think about.

--
--gh