Changes to the Wiki

From:
James Turnbull
Date:
January 8, 2007 07:09
Subject:
Changes to the Wiki
Message ID:
45A25E97.5040500@lovedthanlost.net
All

I've undertaken some changes to the Wiki:

1.  I've migrated the original pages into a new namespace structure,
which can be seen at http://wiki.qpsmtpd.org/wiki:naming_std.  This
isn't complete and needs further work - especially in the installation,
deployment and configuration namespaces.  Most of the issue there is
gaps in the documentation that make the structure incomplete.

I will work toward adding some of these missing pieces and I'd welcome
help in doing so.  I've started with adding some of the Plug-in API
documentation from the distribution itself into the Wiki.

2.  I've left the plugins page (http://wiki.qpsmtpd.org/plugins) intact
and in its current position due to the page's external links.  I've
checked Google and this (and the start page) seem to be pretty much the
only pages referenced in external links.  Hence I'll leave it there
going forward (unless someone else has other plans for the page) and
restructure it to make it more readable and easier to navigate.

This will probably involve creating a summary page with links to
sub-categories of plug-ins - authentication, logging, anti-spam, etc, etc.

This does raise the issue of where plug-ins should live.  The situation
of some plug-ins on external websites, some in SVN and some in the Wiki
would seem to be highly inefficient.

3.  I've left the front page largely intact also.  I intend (again
unless someone else jumps in) to greatly simplify and clean it up the
page.  With this in mind one of the things I've noticed about 'catchy'
projects/wikis is a graphic or symbol of some kind.  Does anyone have
one for qpsmtpd and/or is interested in creating one?

Comments/criticism/gasps of horror naturally most welcome.

Regards

James Turnbull

--
James Turnbull <james@lovedthanlost.net>