Re: qmail port

From:
Charlie Brady
Date:
Re: qmail port
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.64.0701031127410.14405@e-smith.charlieb.ott.istop.com

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Atik wrote:

> how to configure my qmail server (smtp port) to run on 2525 port instead of
> 25
> my OS is Redhat enterprise As4

IMO, nobody should run qmail's smtp daemon these days. However, since
you've asked on the qpsmtpd list, perhaps you intend to run qpsmtpd. Good.

> thank you for any tip you can give!

You don't say why you want to run on port 2525 instead of port 25. If it
is to work around ISP traffic blocking, then I would recommend that you
use iptables port forwarding (DNAT) to send port 2525 traffic to port 25,
and use a standard install of qpsmtpd.

Alternatively, when you start qpsmtpd-forkserver, use "-p 2525" instead of
"-p 25".

Have you read any qpsmtpd documentation?