qpsmtpd and DIGEST-MD5

From:
James Turnbull
Date:
January 1, 2007 21:20
Subject:
qpsmtpd and DIGEST-MD5
Message ID:
4599EB59.6010106@lovedthanlost.net
Hi (and Happy New Year)

I had a look at Qpsmtpd::Auth and note DIGEST-MD5 authentication isn't
available (I presume because of the tiny number of clients who support
it).

However, Thunderbird is apparently going to get DIGEST-MD5
authentication working.  If they do we'd like to enable it for roving
users.

So my question - has anyone added DIGEST-MD5 support to qpsmtpd?  It
looks relatively easy to add another elseif to Auth.pm but I confess the
DIGEST-MD5 syntax - is realm used?, qop etc etc has always confused me.

Thanks in advance,

James Turnbull

--
James Turnbull <james@lovedthanlost.net>