develooper Front page | perl.qpsmtpd | Postings from June 2006

Re: new patch for 251/551 (~/.redirect)

From:
Robert Millan
Date:
June 23, 2006 12:53
Re: new patch for 251/551 (~/.redirect)
Message ID:
20060623195246.GA19630@khazad.dyndns.org
On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 02:55:29PM -0700, Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:
> >New patch.  This time using $self->qp->respond to avoid modifying
> >the core.
> >
> >Taking advantage of this, I also implemented code 251, just for
> >completeness
> >(when ~/.forward exists, it'll return 251.  Otherwise 551).
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> Nice job on making the plugin self-contained.

Thank you.  It took me a while as I'm quite new to perl ;).

I just noticed a small bug (the DSN message for 251 shouldn't be
the same as the one for 551).  I'm attaching the revised plugin.

> Until it's supported with some of the sending smtp servers then I'm
> not sure it won't just be confusing for the users if we put it into
> the distribution.

Note that sendmail already supports it, but only in the recieving part.  For
exim, I have a working patch for the reciever already, and I have plans to do
the sending part as well.

> It would be good to put on the wiki though (or
> maybe in our contrib/ directory[1]).
> [1] https://svn.perl.org/qpsmtpd/contrib/

Sure!  Would you please do that?

--