develooper Front page | perl.qpsmtpd | Postings from April 2003

Re: whitelist plugin

From:
Ask Bjoern Hansen
Date:
April 27, 2003 05:05
Re: whitelist plugin
Message ID:
7EEC7757-78A8-11D7-9065-000A95796C18@develooper.com

On Sunday, Apr 27, 2003, at 04:44 America/Los_Angeles, Devin Carraway
wrote:

> Here's something I found myself needing recently; it supplies
> whitelisting of incoming mail based on aspects of the SMTP conversation
> (remote host, helo, mail-from, rcpt-to), preventing rejection by more
> aggressive plugins.  I'm using it to permit "exceptions" to the
> rfc-ignorant RHBL for a couple of known-harmless hosts.  Lightly
> tested.

Awesome, thanks!

> Ask, could we get a hook on RSET, or more generally on transaction
> reset?

Hmn, not until there's a good reason for it.   You should use

$transaction->notes('whitelisted', 1); instead of $white = 1;
and
$transaction->notes('whitelisted') instead of reading $white.   :-)

  - ask

--
http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/