RE: Why does File::Path not respond to 'cover'?

From:
bulk 88
Date:
RE: Why does File::Path not respond to 'cover'?
Message ID:
BAY182-W143D0A26A33ECC7BF517EDDFAB0@phx.gbl

> To: perl-qa@perl.org
> Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 09:18:57 -0400
> From: jkeen@verizon.net
> Subject: Re: Why does File::Path not respond to 'cover'?
>
> Thanks, yary. Yes, after I posted I recalled that Devel::Cover does
> exclude core modules. IIRC, pjcj had a project called 'p5cover' which
> was intended to rectify that, but I don't know that project's current
> status.
>
> In any case, on my previous laptop I located some correspondence with
> pjcj from two years ago in which I reported having found a hack for this
> case: Create a branch. In the branch rename 'Path.pm' to something
> like 'ABCPath.pm', then do a global search-and-replace in all files
> (except things like README, TODO and Changes) to impose the new name.
> At that point you can run 'perl Makefile.PL && make', and from that
> point Devel::Cover sees a brand new library and calculates coverage.

I had a similar problem with NYTProf and XSLoader. Since XSLoader was
already loaded, in order to load NYTProf, it wasn't instrumented.  So I
deleted XSLoader's %INC entry and called require again, and that
instrumented XSLoader.