Re: Why does File::Path not respond to 'cover'?

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
Re: Why does File::Path not respond to 'cover'?
Message ID:
20150628141319.GA59459@plasmasturm.org
* James E Keenan <jkeen@verizon.net> [2015-06-28 15:20]:
> In any case, on my previous laptop I located some correspondence with
> pjcj from two years ago in which I reported having found a hack for
> this case:  Create a branch. In the branch rename 'Path.pm' to
> something like 'ABCPath.pm', then do a global search-and-replace in
> all files (except things like README, TODO and Changes) to impose the
> new name. At that point you can run 'perl Makefile.PL && make', and
> from that point Devel::Cover sees a brand new library and calculates
> coverage.

That’s very invasive to the code being instrumented, though. Hacking the
exemption out of Devel::Core seems like the far more robust alternative.