new Stream Test::Simple question, XS requirement

From:
bulk88
Date:
new Stream Test::Simple question, XS requirement
Message ID:
20150425215801.19199.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
Since Test::Stream::Context's core design uses weaken() everywhere, that
means new Test::Simple always requires XS building (for Scalar::Util),
which means it will never run on miniperl, and hence, new Test::Simple
will never be in Perl core, is my understanding correct?

I am asking this since if new Test::Simple is not PP clean and never
will be, there are couple places I would like to throw XS at (the
accessors in Test::Stream::HashBase::Meta in particular).