Re: Coveralls.io

From:
Paul Johnson
Date:
Re: Coveralls.io
Message ID:
20150320125645.GB8747@pjcj.net
On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 11:42:32AM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:

> Coveralls appears to only count the number of statements hit and not
> look at whether my tests cover all the conditions in my code.

> Does anyone know if there's some option I can tweak in Coveralls to turn
> this on? Or is it a limitation of the website and/or the
> Devel::Cover::Report::Coveralls module?

Last time I looked, Coveralls only supported line coverage.  The report
module marks a line as covered if all of the statements on that line
have been covered.  That's about the best that can be done, I think,
until Coveralls supports more powerful coverage criteria.

Many languages can provide code coverage nowadays, but there are still
not many that provide as powerful coverage criteria as Devel::Cover does
for Perl.

--
Paul Johnson - paul@pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net