Re: The uselessness of arbitrary Metric gaming

From:
David Cantrell
Date:
Re: The uselessness of arbitrary Metric gaming
Message ID:
20080630220314.GF18438@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:42:23PM +0200, Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:

> (The problem is that one of the aspects of kwalitee was supposed
> to be that the module is properly documented ??? regardless of how
> good the documentation is, it should follow proper form, at
> least. Unfortunately, since a design goal for CPANTS is not to
> run any code from the distro, testing POD coverage and even POD
> itself is not actually doable because you don???t know what the API
> will look like at runtime (AUTOLOAD, autogenerated functions or
> methods, etc etc etc).

Surely you can at least check that all POD is "well-formed" without
running any code from the distribution in question?

--
David Cantrell | Godless Liberal Elitist

    Suffer the little children to come unto me, as
    their buying habits are most easily influenced.
       -- Marketroid Jesus