Re: CPAN Ratings and the problem of choice

From:
David Cantrell
Date:
Re: CPAN Ratings and the problem of choice
Message ID:
20080630173644.GR32733@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 07:16:01PM +0200, Salve J Nilsen wrote:
> Jonathan Rockway said:
> >* On Mon, Jun 30 2008, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> >>Why are people not rating modules, and how can we encourage people to
> >>do so?
> >I don't know exactly what this reason is, but I have a feeling it's "who
> >cares" or "why should I bother".
> My current theory on this includes
>  - "I have something more important to do,"
>  - "I don't see how this helps me now,"
>  - "Giving feedback requires too many hoops to jump through" and
>  - "I don't think I have anything to contribute."

And also "someone else has already said what I was going to say".  For
DBI, Iain Truskett wrote my review for me, on 2008-08-13.  This appears
to be very soon after cpanrantings was launched.

    Immigration: making Britain great since AD43