Re: CPAN Ratings and the problem of choice

From:
Eric Wilhelm
Date:
Re: CPAN Ratings and the problem of choice
Message ID:
200806301030.23042.ewilhelm@cpan.org
# from Salve J Nilsen
# on Monday 30 June 2008 10:16:

>  - "I don't think I have anything to contribute."

Perhaps something similar to debian's popcon would allow some basic
statistics to be accumulated without requiring much effort.  One metric
would be how many clients have installed the dist (e.g. a hook in the
cpan client or a nightly/weekly crawl of @INC.)

It might also be interesting if there were tool to scan a user's bin
directories and internal projects for dependencies -- a sort of
anonymous darkpan version of is_prereq.

--Eric
--
Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
--The Napoleon-Clarke Law