Re: CPAN Ratings and the problem of choice

From:
Salve J Nilsen
Date:
Re: CPAN Ratings and the problem of choice
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.62.0806301911310.22645@decibel.pvv.ntnu.no
Jonathan Rockway said:
> * On Mon, Jun 30 2008, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>> Why are people not rating modules, and how can we encourage people to
>> do so?
>
> Probably for the same reasons they don't read this mailing list,
> contribute to perlmonks, attend YAPC, upload their own modules, etc.
>
> I don't know exactly what this reason is, but I have a feeling it's "who
> cares" or "why should I bother".

My current theory on this includes

  - "I have something more important to do,"
  - "I don't see how this helps me now,"
  - "Giving feedback requires too many hoops to jump through" and
  - "I don't think I have anything to contribute."

- Salve

--
#!/usr/bin/perl
sub AUTOLOAD{$AUTOLOAD=~/.*::(\d+)/;seek(DATA,$1,0);print#  Salve Joshua Nilsen