Re: About tidying up Kwalitee metrics

From:
Ovid
Date:
Re: About tidying up Kwalitee metrics
Message ID:
634019.90225.qm@web65709.mail.ac4.yahoo.com
--- On Sat, 28/6/08, Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis@gmx.de> wrote:

> I think the game is actually an excellent idea. The problem is
> with the metrics. Here are some metrics that are inarguably good:
>
> • has_buildtool
> • extracts_nicely
> • metayml_conforms_to_known_spec

One problem with this is when you get dinged for an unknown key.  This means you can't extend your meta YAML file.  It's a hash disguised as YAML.  There shouldn't be a problem with adding to it, only subtracting from it.

On a side note, I still don't understand why I sometimes get dinged for CPANTs errors.

Here's one for HOP-Lexer (http://cpants.perl.org/dist/errors/HOP-Lexer):

  STDERR: Invalid row in Debian file: "libhtml-wikiconverter-moinmoin-perl", "HTM
  STDOUT:

I have no idea what this is and I have no way of correcting it yet I am getting dinged for it.  I see that I can send an email to bug-module-cpants-analyse@rt.cpan.org, but why?  I don't understand why CPANTs bugs are counted against me.

Cheers,
Ovid