Should TAP capture exit codes

From:
Andy Armstrong
Date:
March 7, 2007 03:48
Subject:
Should TAP capture exit codes
Message ID:
BAEAE6F4-6C84-4FEC-9C94-2FE14915DDA3@hexten.net
Ovid's post about TAP::Tests has reminded me: would it be useful to
have a TAP statement that conveys the exit code of a test script? At
the moment in a hypothetical situation where there's some distance
between the harness and the test script - like perhaps they're on
different machines - the test script's exit status has to be sent out-
of-band. If you add

exit <n>

to the grammar then the TAP transcript becomes a complete log of the
test.

At the moment in TAP::Harness we have the option of spooling TAP to a
file - which captures everything useful /apart/ from exit status.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net