develooper Front page | | Postings from April 2005

Re: [Module::Build] Re: Test::META

Ken Williams
April 1, 2005 14:58
Re: [Module::Build] Re: Test::META
Message ID:

On Apr 1, 2005, at 2:55 PM, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> If build, test, and install are considered the critical path, why was
> Build/make never changed to simple run "test" always as part of the
> builds success or failure?
> Just curious. In a way, I'd be much happier if 'perl Build' or 'make'
> outright failed if the tests didn't pass, just like if there was a
> c/linking error.

Yeah, good question.  I guess it's mostly historical.  There's nothing
really stopping us from creating an 'everything' action that does a
'build', 'test', and 'install' all in a row.  Or maybe just the 'build'
and 'test'.

Anyone else like that idea?