Re: [Module::Build] Re: Test::META

From:
Christopher H. Laco
Date:
Re: [Module::Build] Re: Test::META
Message ID:
424DB535.4020108@chrislaco.com
Ken Williams wrote:
> Since the 'build', 'test', and 'install' actions are considered the
> "critical path" for installing a module, I think it makes sense to warn
> (not die) during "perl Build.PL" when one of their
> required/recommended/conflict dependencies aren't met.  Thereafter, only
> die/warn when running an action and its required/recommended
> dependencies aren't met.
>
>  -Ken

I'll show my lack of historical knowledge here, and this is swaying just
a little off topic.

If build, test, and install are considered the critical path, why was
Build/make never changed to simple run "test" always as part of the
builds success or failure?

Just curious. In a way, I'd be much happier if 'perl Build' or 'make'
outright failed if the tests didn't pass, just like if there was a
c/linking error.

-=Chris