Re: [Module::Build] Re: Test::META

From:
Ken Williams
Date:
Re: [Module::Build] Re: Test::META
Message ID:
26027071a958153d3d0d5f7b4b93d4fb@mathforum.org

On Mar 30, 2005, at 4:53 PM, Randy W. Sims wrote:

> Should we completely open this up so that
> requires/recommends/conflicts can be applied to any action?
>
> install_recommends => ...
> testcover_requires => ...
> etc.

I like it.  But for some reason I find it a little scary.

Doing this would require a little bit of massaging for backward
compatibility, because right now 'build_requires' contains
prerequisites for the 'test' action, but 'build' doesn't run the 'test'
action.

Also, usually it's the 'code' action that *really* requires a prereq
that would be mentioned in the 'build_requires' section, but I don't
think we want people to start using 'code_requires' normally.

> Also, this seems like a good time to implement .modulebuildrc (RT
> #8531). Except that I would rather follow the format of the rc files
> for tools like svn and cvs. If the word beginning the line matches the
> action being performed or the global '*', the options following it are
> appended to the current commandline. Perl-style comments. Backslash at
> the end of the line after comments are removed is line continuation.
>
> *        --verbose   # global options
> diff     --flags -u
> install  --install_base /home/randys \
>          --install_path html=/home/randys/html